20 Ways to Enjoy Goodums™ in 2020
We at GoodumsTMare very excited to welcome in the New Year! With so many ways to make and enjoy cookies as part of healthy, balanced eating year-round, we’ve rounded up the top 20 ways that we plan on biting into GoodumsTMthroughout 2020.
- With a touch of natural sweetness – Customize your cookies by adding adding 1-3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana to your favourite GoodumsTMmix.
- Cookie Bars –Press your GoodumsTMcookie dough into a parchment paper-lined 9x13” pan. Bake as per package directions. Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
- Crumbled over a yogurt of your choice – Also try adding some fresh fruit over top for an easy and balanced breakfast or snack!
- Shaped and decorated as conversation hearts - Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Cookie Pizza - Prepare a package of GoodumsTMcookie mix as per package directions. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough into a thin, even layer that reaches all edges of your pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Cool on a wire rack, and then frost and decorate to your liking. Slice the ‘pizza’ into wedges and share with friends and family.
- GoodumsTMCarrot & Chocolate Chip paired with raw carrots and cheese for an Easter Bunny-inspired snack
- Go Nutty – Add a ½ cup of toasted nuts to your favourite GoodumsTMmix. We recommend pairing walnuts with Apple & Cranberry, hazelnuts with Raspberry Double Chocolate, and pecans with the Carrot & Chocolate Chip mix.
- Boosted with fresh citrus zest - For a refreshing twist, try adding the zest of half an orange to the GoodumsTMCarrot & Chocolate Chip mix.
- Baked small for a Victoria Day weekend tea party spread - Use a small (½ oz) cookie scoop to create smaller versions of your favourite GoodumsTMcookies.
- Paired with seasonal fresh berries and cheese for a delicious and balanced, summertime snack
- Shaped as maple leafs - Great for a Canada Day weekend picnic!
- Ice-cream Sandwiches - Sandwich a small scoop of your favourite ice-cream between two GoodumsTMcookies. Gently press the cookies together, careful not to break them. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic and keep frozen for up to 3 months.
- Cookie Milkshake -Beat the summer heat with this healthy twist on a milkshake! To a high-speed blender, add 1 frozen banana, ½ cup milk of choice, ¼ cup Greek yogurt, and 3 tbsp of crumbled GoodumsTMcookies. Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
- Yogurt Cups - Press your favourite GoodumsTMcookie dough balls into the cavities of a lightly greased, miniature muffin tin. Using your thumb, make a slight indentation into the center of each cavity. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Once the cups have cooled, fill them with yogurt and decorate with your favourite toppings.
- Cookie Apple Crisp - Replace the topping of your favourite apple crisp recipe with crumbled Apple & Cranberry GoodumsTMcookies. Use a food processor to crush the cookies and continue to bake as per your crisp recipe’s directions.
- Decorated with chocolate spiders – Perfect to spook your Halloween party guests with! Melt down some chocolate and pour it into a Ziploc bag. Snip off one of the corners. Draw and fill a circle onto the center of each cookie. Pipe four lines on each side of the cookie, to resemble a spider’s legs. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- Cookie Sticks -Great for dunking! Press your cookie dough into a parchment paper-lined 9x13” pan. Bake as per package directions. Cool on a wire rack and cut into finger-like rectangular shapes.
- Cookie Snowmen - Scoop your GoodumsTMcookie dough into a variety of three different sized balls. Once the cookies have baked and cooled, arrange them on a serving plate as snowmen. Start with the largest variety of cookie as your base, and the smallest as the snowmen’s head. With frosting, pipe on a face, scarf and buttons.
- Wrapped as an edible gift –Treat the foodies and/or health-conscious family members and friends on your gift list with a box of GoodumsTM baked especially for them. Stack them high in a box or Mason jar and don’t forget to add a colourful bow on top!
- With a glass of milk - Can’t forget the classic, of course!
It’s with no doubt that wholesome cookies can make for a nutritious and delicious snack at anytime. Be sure to follow us on Instagram (@goodumsfood) for more healthy and fun recipe inspiration! Visit our Health Hub for credible information on nutrition and health.
Written by:Mirieta Selimovska, MHSc.(c) and Lisa Mina, RD