20 Ways to Enjoy Goodums™ in 2020
Written by:Mirieta Selimovska, MHSc.(c) and Lisa Mina, RD
We at GoodumsTMare very excited to welcome in the New Year! With so many ways to make and enjoy cookies as part of healthy, balanced eating year-round, we’ve rounded up the top 20 ways that we plan on biting into GoodumsTMthroughout 2020.
- With a touch of natural sweetness – Customize your cookies by adding adding 1-3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana to your favourite GoodumsTMmix.
- Cookie Bars –Press your GoodumsTMcookie dough into a parchment paper-lined 9x13” pan. Bake as per package directions. Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
- Crumbled over a yogurt of your choice – Also try adding some fresh fruit over top for an easy and balanced breakfast or snack!
- Shaped and decorated as conversation hearts - Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Cookie Pizza - Prepare a package of GoodumsTMcookie mix as per package directions. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough into a thin, even layer that reaches all edges of your pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Cool on a wire rack, and then frost and decorate to your liking. Slice the ‘pizza’ into wedges and share with friends and family.
- GoodumsTMCarrot & Chocolate Chip paired with raw carrots and cheese for an Easter Bunny-inspired snack
- Go Nutty – Add a ½ cup of toasted nuts to your favourite GoodumsTMmix. We recommend pairing walnuts with Apple & Cranberry, hazelnuts with Raspberry Double Chocolate, and pecans with the Carrot & Chocolate Chip mix.
- Boosted with fresh citrus zest - For a refreshing twist, try adding the zest of half an orange to the GoodumsTMCarrot & Chocolate Chip mix.
- Baked small for a Victoria Day weekend tea party spread - Use a small (½ oz) cookie scoop to create smaller versions of your favourite GoodumsTMcookies.
- Paired with seasonal fresh berries and cheese for a delicious and balanced, summertime snack
- Shaped as maple leafs - Great for a Canada Day weekend picnic!
- Ice-cream Sandwiches - Sandwich a small scoop of your favourite ice-cream between two GoodumsTMcookies. Gently press the cookies together, careful not to break them. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic and keep frozen for up to 3 months.
- Cookie Milkshake -Beat the summer heat with this healthy twist on a milkshake! To a high-speed blender, add 1 frozen banana, ½ cup milk of choice, ¼ cup Greek yogurt, and 3 tbsp of crumbled GoodumsTMcookies. Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
- Yogurt Cups - Press your favourite GoodumsTMcookie dough balls into the cavities of a lightly greased, miniature muffin tin. Using your thumb, make a slight indentation into the center of each cavity. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Once the cups have cooled, fill them with yogurt and decorate with your favourite toppings.
- Cookie Apple Crisp - Replace the topping of your favourite apple crisp recipe with crumbled Apple & Cranberry GoodumsTMcookies. Use a food processor to crush the cookies and continue to bake as per your crisp recipe’s directions.
- Decorated with chocolate spiders – Perfect to spook your Halloween party guests with! Melt down some chocolate and pour it into a Ziploc bag. Snip off one of the corners. Draw and fill a circle onto the center of each cookie. Pipe four lines on each side of the cookie, to resemble a spider’s legs. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- Cookie Sticks -Great for dunking! Press your cookie dough into a parchment paper-lined 9x13” pan. Bake as per package directions. Cool on a wire rack and cut into finger-like rectangular shapes.
- Cookie Snowmen - Scoop your GoodumsTMcookie dough into a variety of three different sized balls. Once the cookies have baked and cooled, arrange them on a serving plate as snowmen. Start with the largest variety of cookie as your base, and the smallest as the snowmen’s head. With frosting, pipe on a face, scarf and buttons.
- Wrapped as an edible gift –Treat the foodies and/or health-conscious family members and friends on your gift list with a box of GoodumsTM baked especially for them. Stack them high in a box or Mason jar and don’t forget to add a colourful bow on top!
- With a glass of milk - Can’t forget the classic, of course!
It’s with no doubt that wholesome cookies can make for a nutritious and delicious snack at anytime. Be sure to follow us on Instagram (@goodumsfood) for more healthy and fun recipe inspiration! Visit our Health Hub for credible information on nutrition and health.