Carrot Orange Thumbprint Cookies
Elevate your holiday baking with flavour, and without the fuss! These zesty thumbprint cookies are easy to make and offer many opportunities to get the little chefs involved. Make holiday baking a memorable (and delicious!) experience for the family, not a chore!
1 large egg
7 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange (~ 1 tsp)
Juice of 1/2 an orange (~ 2 tbsp)
1/2 cup raw sugar (or sugar crystals/ sprinkles of choice)
18 unwrapped Hershey kisses (or chocolate buttons of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cookie mix as per instructions on the pack, adding in the orange juice and zest.
- Scoop the cookie dough, approximately 2 tbsp at a time, and roll into balls.
- Add the sugar to a shallow dish.
- Roll each cookie dough ball into the sugar/ sprinkles until lightly coated.
- Place the balls on the lined baking sheet, about 1” apart. Bake the cookies for 9 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven. Working quickly, press 1 Hershey into the centre of each cookie and then return the baking sheet into the oven. Let cookies bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to a serving dish. Enjoy!