Pumpkin Spice Goodums Cookies with Beyond Moo Icing
A spiced and spooky twist on our Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Carrot mix. Dairy-free and delicious with the help of Beyond Moo Buttery Spread and Vanilla Oatgurt.
- 1 pkg Goodums Oat Chocolate Chip with Carrot Cookie Mix
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 7 tbsp melted Beyond Moo Buttery Spread
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups icing sugar
- ⅓ cup Beyond Moo Vanilla Oatgurt
- 2 tbsp softened Beyond Moo Buttery Spread
- Food colouring of choice
- Candy eyes, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To a large bowl add Goodums Cookie Mix and pumpkin pie spice, stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- To a small mixing bowl combine melted Beyond Moo Buttery Spread, pumpkin puree, water, and vanilla extract – whisk until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mix and fold until a dough forms and there are no visible unmixed dry flour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet leaving about 1-inch of space between each cookie. You may need to do this on multiple baking sheets. Press down the cookie mounds with your fingers gently until slightly flattened.
- Bake in the preheated oven according to package instructions – about 16-17 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cookies cool, prepare the icing by combining icing sugar, Vanilla Oatgurt, and softened Beyond Moo Buttery Spread to a bowl. Whisk until smooth. You may need to adjust consistency slightly by adding a bit more icing sugar or extra Vanilla Oatgurt depending on how thick you want it. We wanted a thick but spreadable consistency.
- If you want different colour icing, divide prepared icing into multiple smaller bowls and mix in the food colouring until you achieve the desired look. We opted to make green, orange, and white icing for our cookies. Set in the fridge until ready to decorate cookies.
- When the cookies have fully cooled you can decorate your cookies. For the mummy cookies: Drizzle white icing with a spoon from above to look like a mummy’s wrapping – then add some eyes to finish the look. For the orange monsters: Spread a thin layer of orange icing on cookies and add 3-5 candy eyes to create a monster look. For the green cyclops: Spread a thin layer of green icing on cookies and add 1 candy eye to create a simple, but cute, cyclops.
- Serve and enjoy!